The municipality of Santana owes its name to the old Temple of Saint Ana (“Templo de Santa Ana”) that was built in Feteira Pequena for the spiritual needs of its inhabitants, in the 19th century. This temple was the chapel had become manifestly insufficient and much degraded, so it was remodelled and widened into a new building in 1869. Since roof tiles and lime were raw materials frequently used in the construction of houses and buildings and are today symbols of this parish. An example of this heritage is a private lime oven, located near the church and still very well preserved. Another one is the roof tiles oven which remaining ruins can be visited in the regional road near the milk deposit.